SARANTI TEA FARM TOUR & TEA CAFE TOUR
– Shizuoka City, Shizuoka
The Ultimate Shizuoka Tea Tour with Tea Farm Visit and Cafe Tour combines two fun and exciting tea tours! Go behind the scenes and learn how tea is farmed and processed during the tea farm tour, then you’ll get to experience tea at various unique cafes in Shizuoka and learn about brewing techniques and serving styles. If you’re a tea lover, there’s no better place to visit than Shizuoka, the scenic prefecture which produces 40% of Japan’s tea!
SARANTI TEA FARM TOUR
We guide you to the beautiful Tea Farms hidden on the high mountains of Shizuoka; where we walk along the Tea Bushes with a scenic view, indulge in tea tasting with an unforgettable mountain view, visit the tea processing factory, meet the Tea Farmers, all while obtaining all the Tea knowledge you can get!
What to Expect from your visit:
– Tea Tasting of different types of Japanese Tea
– Walking around the Tea Farm
– Meeting and talking with Tea Farmers (if they are available)
– Tea Leaf Picking
– Visit to the Tea Processing Factory
– Lunch: Japanese Bento Box made from local vegetables
TEA CAFE TOUR
After the Tea Farm Tour, we guide you to our favorite tea cafes in Shizuoka to showcase the traditional and the New & Trendy cafes, where you can personally and deeply experience the different and unique brewing, serving and tasting styles of Japanese Tea. In addition to a hands-on tea making experience and tasting various types of Japanese tea from all over Japan.
What to Expect from your visit:
-Guided visit for up to 4* of our favorite Tea Cafes
-Japanese Tea Education – Q&A -Hands-on Tea Making Experience
-Tea Tasting of various types of Japanese Tea -Learning about the different styles of Brewing Japanese Tea – traditional and new trends
-Complimentary Japanese Tea Gelato of your choice
Out of stock
I am passionate about tea and especially Japanese tea. Akito did something usually really complicated: he managed to create a connection to the world of Japanese tea farming! He’s a young tea specialist and is really knowledgeable about tea processing, growing and drinking. I had such an amazing time discovering the tea fields, a tea factory and cool tea cafes! I can only recommend this tour to everyone passionate about tea as it will be a fantastic experience. You will learn so many things and also meet the wonderful and friendly Akito. Hope to take this tour again in the future!
Meeting Point: If you have a vehicle, you can drive to the farm. We will provide you with the address and driving directions to our meeting point after you complete your booking.
We offer a complimentary pick-up and drop-off service from and to Shizuoka Station. Pick-up time is 9:45am. It takes about 30 minutes to drive from Shizuoka Station to the Farm.
- The duration of the tour is approximately 7 hours.
- Guests ages 12 and up can attend.
- Due to the seasonal nature of Tea Farming, the Tea Factory is not always operational, but we are still able to visit inside the factory when it's none operational - except for closure dates which are Wednesday's and Weekends.
- If the tea factory is closed, we will substitute the tea factory visit with tea educational session and more tea tasting.
- *We may not be able to visit all 4 cafes due to time constraint and days