Hidden Gem Saranti Tea Farm Tour and Stylish Cafe Tour with Matcha Gelato – Private Tour
Approx. 6 hours
Shizuoka City, Shizuoka
This unique tea tour combines our Hidden Gem Saranti Tea Farm Tour with our Tea Cafe Tour. You will relax at the tea farms hidden in the mountains and visit a local factory while enjoying the beautiful nature. Then, you will have more in-depth Japanese tea experiences and discover the latest Japanese tea trends in Downtown Shizuoka Cityーthe perfect blend of urban and slow lifestyle with few tourists. We recommend this tour for tea lovers and those who look to travel like locals.
Shizuoka Station is only 60 minutes from Tokyo Station and 90 minutes from Kyoto Station by Shinkansen bullet train. With such easy access, you can make a day trip from Tokyo or stop off on your way from Tokyo to Kyoto!
Hidden Gem Saranti Tea Farm Tour
In the morning, we will take you to the beautiful tea farms hidden in the high mountains of Shizuoka; where we will walk along the tea bushes with a scenic view, indulge in tea tasting with an unforgettable mountain view, explore the history of this region, visit the tea processing factory, meet the tea farmers, all while obtaining all the tea knowledge you can get!
What to Expect from this experience:
- Tea tasting of different types of Japanese tea
- Japanese tea education with Q&A
- Walking around the tea farm
- Meeting and talking with tea farmers and factory staff if they are available
- Tea leaf picking
- Visit to the tea processing factory
- Seasonal Japanese confectionery
Stylish Cafe Tour with Matcha Gelato
After the tea farm tour, we will take you to Downtown Shizuoka City, where JR Shizuoka Station is located, and will guide you through an unforgettable experience at the tea cafes that showcase both traditional and new & trendy styles of brewing and tasting Japanese tea. You will also have a hands-on tea brewing experience and a chance to taste various types of Japanese tea from all over Japan.
You will have lunch at a local restaurant that we recommend. For dessert, you will have a Japanese tea gelato of your choice!
What to Expect from this experience:
- Visit to 2 of our favorite tea cafes
- Hands-on tea brewing experience
- Tasting of various types of Japanese tea from different regions of Japan
- Learning about the different styles of brewing and serving Japanese tea—traditional and new trends
- Japanese tea gelato of your choice: you can select a flavor from Matcha, Hojicha, and more!
- Lunch at a local, highly recommended restaurant (lunch fee is not included)
- Walking around Downtown Shizuoka City—perfect blend of urban and slow lifestyle with few tourists
¥14,800 / person
- This tour accommodates private groups of 2-4 people.
- This tour is for guests who are 12 years of age or older.
- Due to the seasonal nature of tea farming, the factory is not always operational, but we can still visit there.
- The places we visit on the Tea Cafe Tour change depending on the date and the season.
- For lunch, we will suggest some options from our favorite local restaurants for you with the price range included.
- After the tea farm and factory visit, we will take guests to JR Shizuoka Station by bus. If you would like, we offer a complimentary pick-up and drop-off service from and to JR Shizuoka Station (approx. 30 minutes to the farm). Please find more information in the Meeting Point and Time tab.
- To avoid missing our emails, please put firstname.lastname@example.org in your contacts. This will stop our emails from being sent to spam. If our emails are not in your inbox, please look in your spam folder and mark them as not spam.
Meeting Point and Time: Please meet Akito at a convenience store named Family Mart near Saranti 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Meeting Time: Please meet Akito at the Family Mart 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Transportation: It takes about 30 minutes by bus (¥380) or about 20 minutes by taxi (approx. ¥3,000) from JR Shizuoka Station. The bus stop is just 1 minute away from the store.
Pick-up and Drop-off: If you would like, we offer a complimentary pick-up and drop-off service from and to JR Shizuoka Station. The pick-up time is 30 minutes before the tour starts.
We will email you detailed information once your booking is confirmed. If you have any questions or concerns, we are here to help.
- Please message us to reschedule or cancel this tour 7 days before the tour date for a full refund.
- No refund will be issued if the cancellation or rescheduling request is submitted after 7 days from the tour date.
- Guests will also receive a full refund or be offered a different date in case of operator cancellation due to natural disasters or other unforeseen circumstances.
- This tour will go on rain or shine. However, if typhoons or other natural disasters that could affect tour operations are expected in advance, we will email you a cancellation notice by noon the day before your tour.
I am passionate about tea and especially Japanese tea. Akito did something usually really complicated: he managed to create a connection to the world of Japanese tea farming! He’s a young tea specialist and is really knowledgeable about tea processing, growing and drinking. I had such an amazing time discovering the tea fields, a tea factory and cool tea cafes! I can only recommend this tour to everyone passionate about tea as it will be a fantastic experience. You will learn so many things and also meet the wonderful and friendly Akito. Hope to take this tour again in the future!