Hidden Gem Saranti Tea Farm Tour – Private Tour
Approx. 2.5 hours
Shizuoka City, Shizuoka
Visit us to experience the beautiful, breathtaking, and unforgettable private tea farms in the mountain and a local tea processing factory in Shizuoka Prefecture!
We offer an exclusive guided tea farm tour and experience at the beautiful tea farms hidden in the high mountains of Shizuoka; where we will walk along the tea bushes with a scenic view, indulge in tea tasting with an unforgettable mountain view, explore the history of this region, visit the tea processing factory, meet the tea farmers, all while obtaining all the tea knowledge you can get!
Shizuoka Station is only 60 minutes from Tokyo Station and 90 minutes from Kyoto Station by Shinkansen bullet train. With such easy access, you can make a day trip from Tokyo or stop off on your way from Tokyo to Kyoto!
What to Expect from this experience:
- Tea tasting of different types of Japanese tea
- Japanese tea education with Q&A
- Walking around the tea farm
- Meeting and talking with tea farmers and factory staff members if they are available
- Tea leaf picking
- Visit to the tea processing factory
- Seasonal Japanese confectionery
¥9,800 / person
- This tour accommodates private groups of 2-4 people.
- This tour is for guests who are 12 years of age or older.
- Due to the seasonal nature of tea farming, the factory is not always operational, but we can still visit there.
- To avoid missing our emails, please put email@example.com in your contacts. This will stop our emails from being sent to spam. If our emails are not in your inbox, please look in your spam folder and mark them as not spam.
Meeting Point and Time: Please meet Akito at a convenience store named Family Mart near Saranti 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Meeting Time: Please meet Akito at the Family Mart 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Transportation: It takes about 30 minutes by bus (¥380) or about 20 minutes by taxi (approx. ¥3,000) from JR Shizuoka Station. The bus stop is just 1 minute away from the store.
Pick-up: If you would like, we offer a complimentary pick-up service at JR Shizuoka Station. The pick-up time is 30 minutes before the tour starts.
Drop-off: We will drop you off at the Family Mart and will gladly help you take a bus or arrange a taxi. Please feel free to ask.
We will email you detailed information once your booking is confirmed. If you have any questions or concerns, we are here to help.
Our Hidden Gem Tea Farm and Stylish Tea Cafe Tour with Matcha Gelato – Private Tour offers a complimentary pick-up and drop-off to and from JR Shizuoka station. Please consider the option too.
- Please message us to reschedule or cancel this tour 7 days before the tour date for a full refund.
- No refund will be issued if the cancellation or rescheduling request is submitted after 7 days from the tour date.
- Guests will also receive a full refund or be offered a different date in case of operator cancellation due to natural disasters or other unforeseen circumstances.
- This tour will go on rain or shine. However, if typhoons or other natural disasters that could affect tour operations are expected in advance, we will email you a cancellation notice by noon the day before your tour.
What an experience. What an experience! The tea bushes are nestled on a beautiful mountain side in Shizuoka. It was breath taking looking up — and breath taking looking down! Akito is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable and did a fantastic job explaining tea culture. From the farmers to processing, from the culture around tea and its slow disappearance, the entire presentation was compelling.